Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kitchen Object shot



Most of the pictures I took for this were completely overexposed. Should use the black T shirts I have from my defunct ice cream shop, and everyone used softer light. Bouncing it around between styrofoam didn't soften the light enough, and everything from the styrofoam box I used for the fruit was too bright and harsh.

These were done on the cutting board with the light bounced off the styrofoam with the flash at lowest setting about a foot to camera left of object. Difficult choice between deep and shallow depth of field, because you really want both.

Plain steel blade really isn't all that interesting for this type of shot the way a steel colander may have been. Also hard to do with my lens handheld, but I didn't know the vantage point to bother with a tripod.




Ice cream scoop with flash from camera right lighting styrofoam on camera left. Scoop on Cold Stone T-shirt. Still not that exciting.


OK, had to try again. This is with a T-shirt and a styrofoam reflector with the bare light coming from directly overhead. Really just need softer light. There are 2 pictures, the first is the original, the second after a little photoshop magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment