
The latest Strobist homework assignment is basically anything with wheels. Since the wheels I drive around most often are these, I decided to photograph the stroller. I'll add the lighting later, when I photograph again at night with a longer exposure, but I wanted to make sure that my "rig" was strong enough to hold everything.
This is made exponentially more difficult when the stroller is occupied with a toddler (at least until he falls asleep), but he was needed as a counterweight for the weight of the camera and tripod. I would have liked to roll the stroller forwards, but found that the seams in the pavement added vibration to the "rig" making the picture on a long exposure very blurry. I may crop tighter next time so the tripod is not visible.

here is a set up shot of my "rig".
While this is a real picture, I suspect I could have gotten similar or even better results by photoshopping the image instead of creating the camera rig. Maybe I'll give it a try and post if I ever have the free time.
No comments:
Post a Comment