Monday, June 15, 2009

My Dustin Diaz imitation

For those of you that aren't familiar with his work, Dustin Diaz takes one picture a day and posts it on his blog. http://photography.dustindiaz.com/

While it is humbling to see someone do something every day better than I ever take a photo, it is also very educational because he lists all his camera settings and even takes a photo of his lighting setup. Much of his work is taken with heavy bokeh in the evening, and the lights all turn to small circles in the background.




This photo was taken with my 50mm f1.4 inside the Chelsea markets. The paper lanterns are all turned into blurry circles by the bokeh, and there is just enough light from the row of windows spanning the building to get a decent exposure. It must be very frustrating to photograph here with a slower lens, but I see countless others here with cameras so maybe they all know something that I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment