Following the example set by David Hobby in his Strobist blog, I have configured my own light stand and umbrella combo to be carried by a strap from a bag that I never use anymore. You can see his design
here. I have modified it somewhat, and instead of drilling holes through the light stand and attaching keychain rings, I have simply tied a string around the bottom and the top to hook on the my strap. This will probably take a little longer to set up and put away, but until I am confident I have found the best design, I would prefer not to drill holes in my lightstand. I would have to assume that his configuration is more battle tested, so I may change this method at a later time.


Below, the string is attached to one of the tightening knobs. This can then be wrapped around the entire stand to add further support.

The umbrella is attached to the stand through the use to 2 ball bungees. I looped the bungee around the ball a second time to provide additional tension for security. These can be purchased at WalMart in a package of 4 for $1.88.
No comments:
Post a Comment